Saturday, August 12, 2006

Mr Teh Tarik


I like tea, I like most beverages. But I don't remember when I started liking milk tea. I started taking tea just with sugar when I was young. Or plain for Chinese tea.

Maybe it was during the bubble tea craze? That I had milk tea with pearls though subsequently I just requested for milk tea, no pearls. I am not a big fan of the tapioca balls.

Slowly I learnt the lingo of ordering drinks in coffee shops from colleagues. From teh peng (iced milk tea), teh si (tea with evaporated milk) to teh tarik (pulled milk tea) and teh halia (ginger milk tea).

The best iced teh tarik I ever had is from Mr. Teh Tarik at Far East Square. It comes in a huge plastic cup and can last you the whole day if you get it during lunch and bring it back to the office to savor. The first sip of the frothy milk tea gives you the much needed jolt of sugar boost. After that, you can let the ice melt and the drink will become less sweet.

Another tea I like is teh halia. There is something very comforting about drinking ginger tea. The warm spicyness added flavor to the sweet tea. It is equally nice to have unsweetened plain ginger tea like what they serve in the spa.

Besides tea, Mr Teh Tarik also serves milo, coffee and food such as murukku, nasi lemak, curry puffs, cakes etc though I have never tried the food there. I believed Mr Teh Tarik also came up with the iced milo dinosaur drink (iced milo topped with a spoonful of powdered milo)

2 comments:

celest said...

i'm a teh/ tea addict! hehehe... so much so that my kitchen is never short of instant tea mix :P whenever you're looking for someone to drink milk tea with, you know who to look for :)

carolyn said...

Instant tea mix? I only have instant teh tarik at home. Otherwise it is pure tea leaves or green tea bags. My tea kaki. Hehe