Sunday, August 27, 2006

Smittened with Shoes





Recently I find myself looking at shoes and being enamored by them. Stilettos, pumps, sandals, birkies, boots, slides...the more the merrier. There is something about shoes. You can feel relaxed, casual when slipping your feet into birkies or flats. Or sexy on stilettos or heels with laced-up satin ribbon. Glamorous with crystals or sparkling stones on heels.

I didn't think I will be looking at shoes again so soon after my last purchase of 6 pairs, but what do you know. I went out and bought 2 more pairs. Yes, at VNC again. Only because those I wanted at Nine West weren't available in my size :p

I blamed that on the book I was reading, Leanne Banks' Feet First (Book 1 of the Bellagio Inc, trilogy). The story was well written, and the description of the shoes really called out to you. Heels studded with crystals, delicate straps.

"The shoes a woman wants to wear reveal her secret fantasies." -- Jenny Prillaman, designer wannabe

www.leannebanks.com

The cover of the book didn't hurt too....with the pretty pair on the feet. I can't wait for the rest of the series to be out. Just got book 2 (Underfoot) today, and the 3rd book (Footloose) will be out in September.

And this is such a Davis' drink - the queen of shoes ;p

Midori Stilleto
3/4 oz Midori
2 oz. SKYY Citrus Vodka
Splash of white cranberry juice

Shake with ice, strain, and serve in chilled martini glass.
Enjoy!

No comments: