Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Singapore Fireworks Festival 2006

The Singapore Fireworks Festival is in its 2nd year now. It is similar to the Celebration of Lights (formerly known as Symphony of Fire) in Vancouver where fireworks display from other countries were being rated. I like fireworks, the burst of lights in the nightsky, painting it with brillant dashes and sparkles. It is just so pretty, watching the "paintings" in the sky.

Funnily enough, I never went down to the waterfront to catch a glimpse of the dazzling pyrotechnics display. The only time I saw fireworks was always by accident. I just happened to be in the area when it started, latest example was sometime in early February this year when I was at Marina Square when it happened for the Hong Bao River thing (I think).

Well, for this year SFF, 4 countries were competiting and I saw the pictures taken by a cotter (Sunkist) which he posted online and they were marvelous! Very beautifully taken and sharp and clear. I am re-posting them here with his permission.

Enjoy!






No comments: