Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Out of the Pan - Raffles City


I recently went to Out of the Pan at the basement of Raffles City Market Place. It specializes in crepes and waffles. I was with my temp staff and since it was her last day, I treated her to the meal as she has been a great help to me at work.

We had a nice table, right next to the fountain. Thankfully we didn't get splashed by the spray. We ordered two crepes and shared them as it can get a bit "gelat" after a while. She ordered the smoked salmon and cheese on sundried tomato crepe while I had the wild mushrooms on sundried tomato crepe. The salmon and cheese crepe tasted a bit sweet, not sure if that was due to the salmon or the cheese or the combination. The wild mushrooms crepe contained 3 types of mushrooms and they were very juicy. It also came with Gruyere cheese which contrasted nicely.

To finish off the meal, she had the strawberry milkshake and I had the iced mint mocha. That was the ultimate sweet ending.

Location:
Basement 1, Raffles City Shopping Centre
For reservations, please call (65) 6431 6156.

No comments: