Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sun with Moon Japanese Dining and Cafe


I went to Sun with Moon Japanese Dining and Cafe with Davis recently. That was my 2nd visit there and I quite like the kamameshi - a traditional steamed seasoned rice pot - and sushi.

I was still on a diet (the blood type thing) and so had to forego several options. Only fish for me, though I cheated with the oyster pancake and dessert!

I ordered the salmon kamameshi. I like the presentation of the food, and the timer given. Cuteness. The salmon was perfectly done, not too hard or overcooked, and the salmon roes gave a sweet, salty burst of flavor to the rice mix.

Davis ordered the beef version, which looked really nice too. At least her pot of rice has more "gravy" than mine.

The oyster pancake was huge, with succulent fresh oysters cooked in the mixture, crispy at the edges.

I didn't have dessert the previous time, so this time I ordered the green tea ice cream with red beans and green tea cake. The cake is similar to the Malay kueh we have, the same gooey softness.


I would like to go back again to try the other dishes some day.

Location
Sun with Moon Japanese Dining and Cafe
501 Orchard Road #03-15 Wheelock Place
Tel: 6733-6636

No comments: