Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Aloy Thai

I waited for close to 20 minutes for these to be served. If I knew it would take that long, I would not have gone there for a quick lunch. It was not full house but there were people waiting for their food too. I noticed there were several Thai customers too, so the food must be of decent standards. The dishes were not overly pricey like some Thai restaurants here.
The basil chicken was ok. It was probably good in Singapore's standard, but after tasting a really yummilicious one from a street food vendor in Bangkok, this really paled. I still love the street food in Bangkok.
Tom Yum Seafood soup served in an earthern clay pot. The soup was pretty good and filled with pieces of prawns, squids and mushrooms. Spicy and sour. I liked that.
I went there again to "dabao" Pad Thai a couple of weeks later after my colleague told me I ordered the wrong thing :p Apparently the Pad Thai was the recommended dish. It was definately one of the better ones I had and at around $4-$5, it can be considered cheap. It took about 5 minutes wait for the dish.
Location
Aloy Thai
100 Beach Road
#01-39/40 Shaw Tower

No comments: