Thursday, April 03, 2008

Ayam Penyet House

I always passed by Ayam Penyet House along Beach Road and was tempted to try the ayam penyet (flattened chicken) and see if there is any difference with the others I tried so far.

Lunch time is very crowded and they are under-staffed too, so don't go there during 12noon to 2pm period.

I quite like it. The chicken was freshly fried and tender. The meat came off easily and the tempeh was one of the best I had so far. Crispy and warm. Most places served it cold and hard. The chili was fantastic too. Super spicy!

I love the sour veggie soup too. Lots of veggies in there but the corn was very tiny. Still it went very well with the ayam penyet. One of my favorite places for ayam penyet besides Ayam Penyet Ria.

Ayam Penyet House
67 Beach Road NTUC Income
B1-01/02
Tel: 6337-7761

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the 'sayur asem' looks similarly like those we have back home!

carolyn said...

It is very nice but it didn't have the bitter hard nuts (don't know what it's called). We have to go there next time :p So many places to go eat together. Hahaha.