Monday, April 14, 2008

Dinner Buffet in Office

A bit overdue. This was the buffet dinner spread we had at the office. I was tasked to find either a caterer or function room 2 days before the event for the appreciation dinner for people who helped out at the launch. Amazingly I did manage to find a few rooms available, but in the end, the management decided to have it at the office. So we got Stamford Catering to provide the food. It was not too bad.
Sushi platter. I didn't try any of the sushi.
Kai lan in oyster sauce with mushrooms and wolfberries. I love wolfberries. They are good for the eyes too. Very nice with red date tea also.
Penne with carbonara sauce. This could be better. The pasta was overcooked. Too soft and not al dente. The sauce was a bit watery and not creamy enough.
Spicy prawns. This was good.
Salad. I only tried the thai mango salad which was nice.
Scallops - the fake ones :p
Tandoori chicken kebab. This was also nice. Chicken was tender and the spices were not overly spicy or overpowering.
Cream of mushroom soup. This was surprisingly really good. I had 2 bowls of it :p
Mashed potatoes to go with the roast beef. Nice!
Roast beef carving station.
Roast beef slices. They were sliced on the spot and put into the warmer.
Roast beef plate. The beef was really good. Tender and moist. I loved the combination of beef, gravy, potatoes with the mustard sauce and chives. I had 2 plates of it too.

Risotto with olives. It didn't look that great. It tasted alright. I couldn't tell it was risotto at all.
Fish roulade. This was pretty good. I liked it.
Bread and butter pudding. Too dry. It could be better.
Desserts - I only tried the oreo cheesecake which was pretty ok.
It was because of me calling up the various places and checking on the prices that I got the idea to go to Ritz Carlton for the buffet dinner. This cost around $40 per person. At Ritz Carlton Greenhouse, it was $58++ for Friday night (now that I think of it, I should be asking for Saturday rate). So if you add a bit more, you would get a better spread and service in a hotel :p

No comments: