Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Quick and Easy Bread & Butter Pudding

I was trying to use up my soon to be expired wholemeal bread and decided to make bread and butter pudding. It was such a spur of the moment thing that I didn't bother looking up the recipe and thus missed out on sugar. Lol.

It is a very quick and simple dessert that I tend to improvise with whatever I have or based on what I had eaten before.

I decided to add raisins this time and that helped in giving some sweetness since I usually do not serve it with any sauce or cream at all.

Basically I buttered the bread and cut them into pieces. In a bowl, I added milk and egg and mixed them up before pouring over the bread in the pan. I could have added sugar into the mixture or sprinkle them when layering the pieces of bread. Usually for the top layer, I would sprinkle cinnamon sugar for a hint of spice. I left the pan for 5 mins or longer so that the bread can soak up the liquid mixture. Then popped it into the oven to bake for 20mins at 180c.

A very quick and easy pudding to make and serve :)

1 comment:

test it comm said...

I have been meaning to try making a bread pudding. It looks good! It also sounds nice and simple.