Friday, April 18, 2008

Cupcakes from Da Paolo Gastronomia

I was at Paragon over the weekend and decided to pop into Da Paolo Gastronomia. My friend raved about the scones and wanted to get some. Unfortunately they were out of scones when we got there around 9pm. Yeah, we were late :p Many things were gone and I managed to get these 2 cupcakes.
Fudgey cupcake. This was good. I liked the cripsy edges and the rich taste of chocolate. It was not too sweet too. I always wonder how bakers managed to get the nice crispy edge over the "body".
I call this chocolate cupcake as I forgot the actual name. This looked better than it tasted. It was a bit flour-y to me and quite tasteless. But bascially the 2 cupcakes were more like muffins. I have yet to taste a cupcake in Singapore which is amazingly light. The best cupcake I had so far was from New York Cupcakes in Seattle. That was totally awesome!

No comments: