Thursday, April 17, 2008

Sun with Moon Dining

I like Sun with Moon Dining cafe and restaurant at Wheelock Place. I was there over the weekend for a late lunch and realized it was a different menu. It was smaller with less items available. This was the first time I went there for lunch. I much prefer the dinner menu as it has more ala carte items. Lunch has more sets and more mini bamboo rice dishes. I ordered the saba (mackeral) set which came with grilled saba, fried chicken, rice, miso soup and fresh fruits and coffee/tea.
The fried chicken was crispy and the meat was pretty tender. I liked it.
The saba was amazingly sweet. The flesh was not dry and the sides were crispy too. I felt I could eat the entire thing.
The miso soup was equally good with seafood, tofu and mushrooms. It would be perfect if there were small little clams in there too.
It was a very satisfying meal in all. Reservations definitely recommended, especially for dinner. It was always filled to the gills.
Location
Sun with Moon Japanese Dining & Café
501 Orchard Road #03-15/16/17
Wheelock Place Singapore 238880
Tel: (65) 6733 6636

No comments: