Monday, July 28, 2008

Celebrity Watch: Edmund Chen & Xiang Yun

Edmund Chen is sooooo cute! Xiang Yun looks very pretty too! They make such a gorgeous couple. They looked so good (for their age). I mean, They started acting in the 80s, or at least Xiang Yun did in the early 80s and I grew up watching her tv serials. I stopped watching local TV in 1990 or so.

So I was at the opening of Marc Jacobs boutique at DFS when suddenly there was a slight furore near the red velvet rope area. Some guests were taking pictures with Edmund Chen (I still think of him as Chen Zhicai) and Xiang Yun.

Then V said Edmund was very down to earth and friendly as her brother works in Mediacorp and Edmund was very kind to him blah blah blah. I asked V if she wanted to have her picture taken since I brought my camera with me, she didn't want to. Then Z (girl we met at the event) said she wanted a picture, so I took this pic for her.

The first pic, Edmund said he thought he blinked and so asked to take another shot (the above). He was nice. After the picture was taken, we spoke for briefly. Xiang Yun has wandered off somewhere. He said he didn't know there was a private function going on, and that he just went along shopping/browsing with Xiang Yun, and just basically told me to enjoy myself and have fun. Then he shook my hand and said goodbye.

Now, if I was still a teenager, I might have swoon and screamed "He shook my hand! He shook my hand! I'm not gonna wash it!", but being older, I am just not into the whole celebrity thing. Hahahaha. Hence, I didn't request for my picture to be taken. I like it that they also didn't ask me if I wanted to take a pic with them. It kinda showed that they are not that arrogant to think the whole world wants to do that.

I think if I was alone and they walked past me, I would not have notice them at all. Lol. That is me. I think so many HK celebrities have walked past me when I was living in Vancouver, but I just never noticed them.

But that was a bit of excitement for the evening :)

No comments: