Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Coach Flip Flops

This is my very first time buying something from the Coach boutique in Singapore (my Coach mini skinny was from USA) and I must admit the service given just blew me away. Good service is so rare and excellent service even more non-existant that when you received it, it is just amazing.

I decided to browse the shops (feeling deprived after 4 days away) and checked out Agnes B, Kate Spade, Stage and finally Coach. I didn't really intend to get anything but the sandals were so cute. I tried on the above and another in yellow (T-bar ankle straps).

The SA was just so patient, getting me the sandals to try. Even when I was still indecisive as the sizes were not my usual and so I was hesitant. She brought out several sizes for me to try and when I wanted to ask her opinion on the flip-flops, she mentioned she had already kept them away. I told her it was fine and not to bother taking out again but still she went ahead to take out the flip flops again with a smile. At the same time, she encouraged me to browse around and even mentioned where the sale items were.

So I tried the flip flops again and just decided to get them even though they were 1/2 size bigger than usual but they looked pretty ok. Plus I love the hot pink straps and colorful soles. The SA further encouraged me to browse more while she kept the flip flops at the counter and she would ring it up when I am ready.

While making the payment, she told me all about the new arrivals and their delivery schedule. All the time, she addressed me by my name and would also asked if I was on the mailing list etc. What I really liked was that she would actually come round the counter and hand me the paper bag. That really made a difference.

I think the Coach staff are trained to be pro customers cos my colleague went to Coach today to buy something and I accompanied her. The SA (different from mine) also did the same thing and even showed us out and opened the door for us. That was really so different, and the shop was fairly busy too.

This was at Raffles City, I don't know if Taka Coach does the same thing. But the good service was enough to persuade me to want to take my business there even if I can get further discount at Taka. Plus the store at Raffles City is bigger too with more items.

No comments: