Monday, July 07, 2008

Tod's Short Wallet

I have not traveled via Terminal 2 for such a long time now, or when I did, bags were never my focus. I rather look at cosmetics, skincare and fragrance. I guess it was a good thing that my flight out to Chiang Mai was not a super early flight and it actually departed from T2, so I actually had about an hour to browse at the DFS stores.

It certainly didn't hurt that almost all the boutiques were having sale now. It was hard tearing ourselves away from the shops (V said I am a bad influence, to get her so interested in designers' stuff now :p). Of all the stores we went to, I love Tod's. The SA was so friendly and helpful. Plus the entire store was 30% off, including new arrivals.

Somehow there seemed to be more stuff in the airport than town stores. So either everyone has been buying from town stores or the airport stores just stock more things. Items were of limited quantity, so when you did find something you like, just grab it. There is no such thing as having to think about it.

V saw this wallet first and I liked it too. Unfortunately there was only 1 piece left in this shade. V was still undecided about it, so I told her I would just buy it first. And if she wanted it later (after thinking longer about it), she could always get it from me. And so this wallet was mine for 1 day :p (V did decide to get it in the end from me as she wanted it to match her new Mulberry bag) She was fine with me taking pics of the wallet and so here it is, presenting the short wallet. I have no idea what this is called.



It is a pale, slightly shimmery off-white wallet. Not exactly beige.


This is actually perfect for a vacation wallet when I do not want to carry too many things. Plus a smaller wallet instead of my usual continental wallet will fit better in a smaller bag too. So I am still hunting for a small wallet.

This is really a steal at only $266 ($380 before discount and 7%GST). I have never seen a designer wallet for under $300 before. And everything is always overpriced in Singapore.
ETA: I managed to check out Tod's at Taka and it was going at $287 ($410 before discount). It was a bit dark on the display set, probably due to dirt and dust.

No comments: