Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Shape Run tee

After signing up for the Shape Run 2008 in May earlier, I totally forgot about it after the 1st couple of weeks. So it was panic when I recall I signed up and needed to go pick up the tee and number tag last weekend.

Somehow I don't think my swimming 2-3x a week for 30mins is enough preparation for the run (walk for me) at all. Sigh. I shall be the slowest there. I just hope the rest of the participants (8000!) are not that competitive and signed up for fun like I did.

After hearing stories from past participants about how the sizes of the tees run small, I was a bit worried it would be too tight. But the size fit perfectly well and with slight room to spare. That was good since it was the only size available when I signed up. Probably the organizers took the feedback from last year seriously.

Could I just wear the tee with my usual linen shorts? I don't think I have any exercise shorts at all. Questions, questions.

2 comments:

Aunti ă‚”ăƒ–ăƒȘナ said...

Haha I'm procrasinating...anyway, I didn't realised you've blog about the run...so how about the standard chart half-marathon next?
You sure you walked for the shape run? I think you jogged right? Cause you finished so much earlier than expected :)

carolyn said...

I walked. The jog was only at the beginning stage with you and once I moved to the side, it was a brisk walk. I jogged/ran again only at the end (maybe 5m or less) when I saw the time was going to be 50mins. I wanna be at 49:xx. Hahaha. Quite surprised to complete so soon too.