Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Leaving Lotusland (belated post)

This is a super overdue post. I took these pictures when I left Vancouver (aka Lotus Land) last year. Not a post about me leaving Singapore for Chiang Mai. Super early flight, plane leaving tarmac and catching the sunrise.
Typical Vancouver weather. Misty and foggy, especially in the morning and evening.
Up, up and away. One last look at Richmond (I think it is) or Delta.
The river, possibly Fraser River? Still the Richmond/Delta area.
In the air and looking down. Last look at Vancouver.

Up in the sky, with only clouds and sun and mountain peaks for company.
Cloud and islands in the sea.

A mountain! No idea what the name is. Seriously, the mountains all look the same to me :p
Possibly the Cacade Mountain range? Go look up a physical geography map for details. The plane is heading south towards Portland, Oregon.


Clear blue sky, snow capped mountain and soft fluffy clouds.
Heaven is like this? So dreamy and beautiful. Only in the west coast do you get this.
The mountain range running through from British Columbia to Washington.
This is probably arriving at Portland, ready to land.

Canada will always have a special place in my heart, particularly Vancouver and Toronto. The two cities where I used to live in, where I grew up.

No comments: