Sunday, May 04, 2008

Shape Run - 9593

Maybe I did something crazy or what, but I actually signed up for the Shape Run 2008 today. I was reading about it in a friend's blog and this will be her 2nd run. Shape Run has been around for 4 years now.

It seemed like the registration fee has gone up? In 2007, it was $20 for the run, $30 for the run + 6 months subscription to Shape. Now it is $30 for the run, $40 for the run + 6 months subscription.

Talking to my cousin about it and she mentioned that the first year was the best when Shape organized it as everything was messy and less organized. It was best because the gifts were much better and the Nike tee did not have the words "Shape Run 20xx" on it, so you can wear it out without people knowing you got it by participating in the run. Plus the tees were an assortment of old Nike stock so everyone wore different tees.

Now, everyone will have the same tee with the words "Shape Run 2008" on it. I quite like this green so it is ok. Last year was an orange tee. Apparently the tee sizes run small, unfortunately being #9593 (I thought 8000 was the maximum number of participants), means only size L was left. I hope it will fit ok for me.

Now I am no runner, so it is a case of what the hell am I doing? Going for a run? I am a walker, so yes, I shall be walking the 5km. The route seemed do-able. From Padang down to Shenton Way, round Prince Edward Road and then back up again to Fullerton area. It seemed like walking down from Tanglin Mall to Orchard and to City Hall and up again? I hope 2 hours will be sufficient for me to complete the walk. Lol. My friend finished the 5km run in around 34mins and was #261 in completing it. Maybe I got inspired too after meeting a whole lot of people in Vancouver who are also into marathons and hikes and triathlons and anything sporty.

So I have like 3 months to prepare for the Shape Run happening on 20 July. There are still about 1000 spaces left for those who are keen to sign up :) Please, please sign up so I can have some company while walking. Lol.

No comments: