Sunday, May 18, 2008

Horses in Motion

Colorful horses have hit town for a few weeks now. As part of the Singapore International Racing Festival (10 - 18 May, 2008), 10 horses painted in various themes are being displayed around the downtown core of Singapore.

So far, I have spotted the horses at Plaza Singapura, Bugis Junction and outside Raffles Place MRT. It reminded me of the Melbourne Cup in Australia where there were also horses on display to highlight the race.

I thought the SIA horse was very girly and flirty with its long lashes and ruby red lips :p A sure way to get the girls interested in horse racing.

This colorful horse was to represent the kerchiefs usually held by the jockeys. Till now, I have never attended a horse race at all. Somehow it doesn't really appeal to me. But I do know the turf club has a Ladies Night thing going on every Wednesday. So at least the advertising campaign worked.

No comments: