Saturday, May 10, 2008

Linguini in white wine

It looked pretty decent but taste wise, it was a disaster. Lol. I just wanted to finish up the bottle of white wine which I opened a few weeks ago, so I am not sure if that affected the taste.

I didn't really like either because the alcohol content was too much or the wine was bad. Not a wine drinker or expert, so I can't really make a judgement on this.

It was just a simple meal - linguine with mini portobello mushrooms (I love this mushrooms, just bring out the flavor and sweetness), honey cherry tomatoes, chili padis with white wine and olive oil. Then I had it with the steamed fish which was already cooked.

Maybe I should have just use the white wine for the clams. Just that it was so hard to find fresh clams from the supermarket. I think only the wet markets or maybe Giant will have them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

imho, chardonnay is a good wine for cooking. especially clams and pasta. we used to just use any type of wine and buy the cheap ones. then we realize it doesn't quite work. acidity and taste matters. so now, when we cook, we use only wine that we'll drink.

but opened wine (even if properly chilled), when stored over 2 weeks, changes alot in taste. that'd affect the final cooked product.

we get our fresh clams frm cold storage great world city. but you'll have to go early in the day to get it. they're snapped up quite fast!

Camemberu said...

wah you say not nice but looks yummy leh! :)

yes, cold storage has clams.

carolyn said...

Imp: thanks for the recommendation, will look out for chardonnay next time. I do think the wine was a bit off cos it was not so bad when I used it a few weeks ago to cook pasta.

camemberu: I have to try Cold Storage in the morning. I went late afternoon and could not find any. Then again, maybe I need to go to Great World City like imp recommended too. It "looked" good only, but the wine taste/aroma was really too strong to be that nice for me :p