Sunday, May 25, 2008

Cheesy Spicy Tuna Noodle

This looked really ugly but also very yummy! Hahaha. Don't you find that sometimes ugly looking food actually tastes pretty awesome?


Took this with flash. I couldn't decide on which pic represents the food best, so 2 pics there are.

This was such a last minute thing, kinda scouring the fridge and pantry for food and decided to just make my old staple standby.

Ingredients:
cooked shells
(not enough to combat the spicyness, so added linguine and cooked again :p)
1 can Ayam brand chili tuna (must include the chili oil as that gives the spicyness, the whole chili itself does not give the spicyness at all - I have experimented with it many times)
1 can chicken mushroom soup
1/3 cream cheese with chives
(this is something new)
some milk
1/2 chopped onion
frozen corn kernels

Method:
Mix them all together and place in oven to bake for 15mins at 180c heat.


It would be nicer if I still have some mini portobello mushrooms and some greens in it too. I usually like to add peas and finely chopped celery too and sprinkle with crushed crackers or cheese on top.

The cream cheese made the noodle very rich and creamy as if it was a carbonara type of pasta dish. I like it! I may use cream cheese in future instead of using shredded cheddar or mozzarella and stirring into the pasta.

This dish is very spicy but not as bad as the one which I made last year where I used 2 cans of chili tuna. But I may want to tweak this further by maybe using half the chili oil so that people who do not like the fiery hot sensation can enjoy it better too. Back to the drawing board :p

No comments: