Thursday, May 01, 2008

Ayam Panggang

I was at Suntec Food Court and decided to try the Ayam Panggang from one of the stalls there. It was really good as the lady grilled the chicken fresh (not those outlet which just heat up pre-grilled meat). That also meant that it took longer for the dish to be served. I went after the lunch crowd around 230pm but they may do the usual heating up of food to cope with crowd, I am speculating here.

The skin was crispy, the meat was juicy tender that I could cut through with the fork. I ordered a side of veggies too. The rice serving seemed to be quite small? Maybe due to the rice shortage now (higher price of rice).

A delicious simple meal. Grilled chicken, veggies, slice of egg, curry over rice, chili and soup. Pretty good. Apparently this is part of a chain. They have 2 other stores - 1 at Plaza Singapura food court and the other at Tiong Bahru Plaza food court.

I have always like the one at Plaza Singapura, also the one with the longest line ever at all times, but I would say the Suntec City outlet is way better. Maybe because they really took the time to grill the chicken that day when I ordered.

No comments: