Friday, May 30, 2008

Lunch @ Hediard

We went to Hediard again to try the set lunch which is only available on weekdays. This time I managed to get a picture of the storefront. The red and black is just such classic color combination.
The menu which is simple and filled with extremely delicious fare.
The restaurant dining area. The other side is the gourmet fine food and gift section.

Another view of the interior with its wooden furniture and red and black color theme.
I ordered the savory set lunch which includes a soup, sandwich and drink. I chose to have a glass of rose. That was good. There is something quite decadent about drinking during the day?
The day's soup was French Onion soup and it was simply the best French Onion soup I ever had. It was not extremely salty like other places and I love how the piece of bread was covered with cheese. The soup was flavorful and filled with pieces of soft, almost caramelized onions. Simply lip-smacking delicious.

My friends ordered the tartine of the day which was grilled chicken over a piece of bread topped with tomatoes. It was pretty good too.
I decided to go traditional and ordered the Croque' Ferdinand which was grilled bread with Parma ham and Gruyere cheese and mornay sauce. I love it! The salad was also crisp and refreshing.
Another friend ordered the sweet and savory set which gives a choice of dessert instead of the soup or salad starter. She ordered the moelleux chocolate with vanilla anglaise. That is the lava chocolate cake with vanilla custard sauce. I tried a bit and while it was good, I think there are other places which also serve a pretty mean molten chocolate cake.
We decided to order the Hediard blend coffee and these were served to us. Squares of chocolates, sugar sachets and madeleines. The madeleine was not very nice. I felt it was too tough, not soft at all.
The Hediard blend coffee was really robust and good. Instant caffeine jolt to the system.

No comments: