Thursday, May 22, 2008

Rive Gauche Cakes

I was craving for cakes after watching Made of Honor and saw the leads eating cakes at a wedding. Hahaha. How easy it is to be enticed by what you see. It is true for other food blogs too, especially those who take very good pictures. Mine are just point and shoot, the garden variety :p So I decided to pop by Rive Gauche at Plaza Singapura outlet to check out what they have. I mean, I rather eat good cakes than to just randomly buy from other places. I have always like Rive Gauche, particularly the Guanaja.

The Guanaja is bittersweet chocolate mousse and ganache with crispy biscuit for the base. It is one of my fave chocolate cakes. Just too bad there was no individual slice available. I bought the mango and coco espresso. I was a bit disappointed with the plain white box, maybe I am too much into packaging now. But for such nice cakes, it makes sense to invest in their own boxes. Rive Gauche is under the Pokka Group, which also owns Tonkichi and Pasta Cafe.

The coco espresso is pretty good too. Oreo biscuit bottom with a layer of ganache, 2 layers of flourless sponges with coffee syrup and a layer of coffee mousse and chocolate mousse topped off with vanilla cream. Yummy!

The mango cake is a bestseller. Mango mousse between 2 layers of sponges and slices of mango. It was light and not super sweet, plus the mango slices made it all the more delicious.

No comments: