Monday, May 26, 2008

Carl's Jr @ Big Splash

I was quite amazed at the changes at the Big Splash area. It has been so long since I last went to that area, must be years before the renovation. There are so many new eateries and food joints at Big Splash now. It was also a horror looking for a parking lot too. Why are people at East Coast in the late morning? Lol, I would thought people would go to the beach in the late afternoon when the sun is not so strong.

I saw Carl's Jr and was tempted by the burger. It has been a few months since I last had it. Almost half a year :p I ordered the guacamole bacon burger, the one which contains over 1000 calories! So I usually would only order that if I am sharing it or if it is in the morning. Then to make myself feel better, I also ordered a side salad. Hahahaha.

My huge huge meal for brunch. My excuse is also that I would be cycling later, so burning off those calories.
The side garden salad. Crisp, greens with shredded cheese which tasted very synthetic. I didn't like that. I also regretted adding in the balsamic vinaigrette right into the salad. I usually prefer to have the dressing on the side as I like the fresh clean taste of the greens. The multigrain garlic croutons were surprising good. I am usually not a fan of it.
I think the burger patty has shrunk now? I used to remember how big the entire thing was.
It was still a big and thick bun, but not so for the filling. I guess this will always happen in Singapore or Asia. It would never be the same portion as you get in the States or Canada. But I still love the freshly brewed iced tea where you can sweeten it yourself. Reminded me of in Houston, Texas where the tea is always unsweetened.

No comments: