Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Shore Restaurant

I love looking out at sea and watching the twinkling lights of the ships in the distance which are waiting to enter Singapore. It reminded me of growing up in Marine Parade area. It was a lovely night, with a light breeze cooling the air.
Shore Restaurant - a little gem way out in Changi area. I didn't even know it exist :p We managed to get a table right by the railing on the sand so we had a fantastic view. We ordered BBQ food and chose our seafood.
Our food minus the stingray which took some time. I like the crispy ikan bilis and peanuts which were served as appy.
Baby kailan in oyster sauce I think. It was good. Fresh and crunchy.
BBQ prawns with some sauce. Lol. I was bad, I didn't take note of what was ordered. The prawn was sweet and pretty big.
Squid fried with garlic. This was really nice, not rubbery at all.
Sambal stingray. Yummy. Lots of meat for this stingray.
Our food with the table number - 81 :p Very nice meal for 3 of us. Portions were good too. I didn't really get to see the bill or the menu, so I have no idea about the total cost. It was a treat from a friend who is a regular customer there:)

I really love this place for its rustic and unpretentious food and location. Fantastic place to chill and enjoy the night breeze and view. Also an awesome place for fans of planes as you will hear the Airbus, Boeing and other planes whizzed by overhead. It does make conversations a bit hard to flow though. Nice for kids too as they can play with the sand and look at planes.
Location:
Shore Restaurant
11 Changi Coast Walk
(SAF Yacht Club area or something)

No comments: