Monday, May 05, 2008

bills food

I finally bought it! My very first Bill Granger cook book. Yes, I know everyone raves about Nigella Lawson or Jamie Oliver, but this book has come highly recommended by my gfs. So truly, I really prefer to trust my gfs who have used his recipes before and felt they were easy to follow and the food turned out well.

So yes, I bought it yesterday at Borders. I could only find 2 of his books - bills food and open kitchen. I initially wanted to buy in Canada but I couldn't find it when I was there. It was probably because Bill Granger is an Aussie self-taught chef. He has 3 restaurants called bills in Sydney area.

Flipping through the book, the recipes look easy to follow with clear instructions. He even gave little tips at the top too. I am hoping to try all the recipes in there. Very often, I buy recipe books and only use 1 or 2 recipes in there. So maybe I should try 1 recipe per week.

I am looking forward to the scones, corn fritters, french toast with fresh berry sauce, mandarin and almond cake, saffron rice with prawns, poached chicken with soba noodles salad in soy dressing and lots more.

Some recipes are also available in his website.

No comments: