Friday, May 23, 2008

Soup Spoon - Chicken Cacciatore with Portobello and Sage

I decided to redeem my soupaholic card for a free soup and I chose the chicken cacciatore with portobello and sage. I wanted a hearty soup with lots of chunky vegetables and this filled the tummy.

My usual order is the clam chowder which is one of the best I ever had. Smooth, rich and creamy clam chowder full of goodies.

The chicken cacciatore was pretty good with the tangy tomato based stew with pieces of chicken and veggies. The server added a small dollop of sour cream which gave another dimension to the taste. I was a bit disappointed with the sour cream portion as it was so tiny. Plus it was a bit chunky too, not meltingly soft like at Shaslik where they were very generous with the sour cream.

Description from soup spoon website:
Cacciatore is a traditional Italian hunter style stew. Marinated chicken braised with country vegetables, this stew is substantial, lavish and amply flavored with tomatoes, mustard and parmesan cheese. Portobello mushrooms, bursting with the essence of red wine added an intense earthy flavor and meaty chew whereas sage gives a mellow woodsy flavor. Truly a hunter’s fare.

No comments: