Saturday, November 08, 2008

Bintan Angsana - Day 2 (31 Oct 2008) AM

Day 2 of Bintan trip started bright and early, especially since I actually fell asleep by 930pm (Singapore time - 1030pm) So naturally I woke up close to 6am, even before the restaurant opened for breakfast. Being on the ground floor meant that I could actually come in and out via the balcony door and we were pretty close to the restaurant and pool, so I could see the crowd situation. Morning view from the balcony. The sun rose around 6am, I took this around 7am, so I miss the sunrise shot. Pity. It sure looked very lush with the greenery.
Breakfast. I dined alone as I wanted to hit the pool after breakfast and I had nothing to do in the room. The others joined me later. There were not many people at 7ish am. Guess they were all sleeping in. When you sat down, the waiter would place the napkin over your lap for you. Your order of tea or coffee would be in its own carafe so that the beverage will still be warm when you pour it. The wait staff would also come round and top up your cup with tea/coffee.
There were always 8 jugs of drinks to choose from. Besides the usual iced water and orange juice, there were pineapple & honeydew, celery cucumber, carrot something, pink guava, watermelon and something else.

I liked the breakfast - mee goreng was good. Pineapple fried rice was not bad. Beef sausage and bacon were the usual fare. I should have gone for seconds :P

I only had the croissant which was heated up under a lamp so you did not have to put it through the bread grill (which also got stuck in most hotels). I loved the variety of jams available too. I picked strawberry, peanut butter, pineapple & black pepper and dark cherry. There were 8 choices too.

It was quite a good spread with cold dishes like salad, yoghurt, fruits, cold cuts, cheeses, noodle station, congee, pancakes, egg station (which was not indicated), danishes, muffins and even steamed buns and different types of bread (brioche, rye, wheat, white...) besides the warn dishes.
I loved this view of the beach with the sundeck loungers and attap roof shelters. I only stayed by the pool and didn't grab the lounger by the beach. Maybe next time :)

Banyan Tree side of beach, which was just next to Angsana. A signboard for the wooden boardwalk which basically said it was walked at your own risk. There were more rocks on Banyan Tree side.

View of Banyan Tree section of beach. The clear water was amazing.

Another view of the South China Sea. Blue sky, crystal clear water. Rocks. What is not to love about this little part of the world?

Waves pulling away. The sand was soft and fine. Either the workers were very diligent in clearing the debris or the guests were equally good in not littering. But the beach was just very pristine and welcoming. It could be because it was a private beach.

Another view of the sea.

It was a sunny day. The sun reflecting on the water created the sparkles in the water and that actually helped to camoflague the fishes which swam up to shore. I could barely see the screen on my camera when I took these pics due to the bright sunlight.

Pretty, isn't it?

Postcard view of the swimming pool. So yes, the picture in Angsana website is actually true. Lol. The section nearer was the baby pool, middle part was the usual and at the end was the jacuzzi area.

Suntanning the toes :p On the right side were the jacuzzis. There were 6 sections for the jets. Pretty good for groups or couples.

Dragonfly on the wall at the patio. I didn't really walk the grounds of Angsana at all. Basically I hung out by the pool and main buildings :)

No comments: