Monday, November 24, 2008

Spa Infinity

Following my visit with [Comfort Space] HelioAsia spa at Paragon, I hopped over to Far East Shopping Center for my massage appointment. I still have a package with Spa Elements and when I called to make an appointment, they told me to go over to the branch at Far East Shopping Center.

Apparently they have a new spa and I didn't even know about it. Lol. The location is strange. A spa in the basement of a shopping center right where the car park is?

I am not sure if it is intentional but it is very warm in the women changing room. I like the place though. 2 changing rooms. Plenty of lockers and slippers to change into. Showers, jacuzzi, steambath, toilets, freshen up area where lotions, combs and even toothbrushes are provided. The bathrobes and sarongs are also there, and a small machine which dispenses cold and hot water.

Walking over to the treatment rooms, you will pass by the cafe area (will be operational by end November 2008) where you can grab a bite. There are many comfortable chairs and recliners in the lounging area where you can read magazines, chill out and watch movies. They are also looking to expand their services to include mani and pedi in the lounge area. There will also be a chiropractor stationed there for any inquiry which is pretty thoughtful.

I had the Indonesian massage which was very good. Christina (think she is from Philippines) was the therapist serving me and she was really strong. It was quite painful for some spots but over all it was good. I liked that she pulled my arms over my head and then on either side of the body, stretching the muscles. That was good.

But I do miss the simple room over at Spa Elements at Orchard Hotel Shopping Arcade where I can just go there for an hour massage and leave.

Location
Spa Infinity
#B1-22, Far East Shopping Center
Orchard Road
Tel: 6738 0069

No comments: