Monday, November 10, 2008

Bintan Angsana - Day 3 (1 Nov 2008)

I still woke up early around 4+am (SGP time) as it was raining really heavily. But by the time I really crawled out of bed, it was around 7am Singapore time. That was still before breakfast was served. I decided to just go for a long and slow breakfast, as it was still drizzling a little. My first breakfast plate. Much more food than the previous day. I had orange juice and coffee all ready for a hearty meal.
Pad thai was not nice at all. I prefer the previous day mee goreng. Chicken sausage was nice, as were the potatoes wedges. Omelette was not bad but not fluffy soft.

I also decided to try some cheeses and cold cut and a bit of kim chi which actually went better with rice.
Spicy and sour noodle soup which was supposed to be tom yam but was more watery. So not nice at all. I only had the fish balls (half size) which was nice.
Beef congee which was bland. You had to add the soya sauce for flavor.

The bread which totally filled me up. The banana chocolate brioche was very nice. The croissant was not as crispy soft as the previous day and the lychee danish was not too bad.

All these food was enough to sustain me through lunch time. It was about 6 hours later before my next meal :)
Binty the tortoise which was like the mascat for Angsana?

The pond with lilies and lily pads. No frogs but lots of fishes in there. You cross the pond to get to the pool and beach.

The Fisherman Table which is actually a place for you to dine. We didn't dine there as I didn't want to be food for the mozzies and sandflies. But it is pretty neat to have the chairs like that. Reminded me of My Humble House where the chairs had long tassels behind.

More fishes. Because of the rain, the water didn't look as clear as before or it just was not bright enough.

Back to Banyan Tree side where the boardwalk is. Rocks everywhere. Be careful where you step. I regret dumping away my reef shoes in Cairns now. That was so useful for walking on the rocky beach.
Rocks with Angsana beach in the background. So idyllic. Island life is totally relaxing.

There are wash areas heading towards the resort from the beach. That was quite thoughtful with its supply of cloths and soap to clean up yourself.

Another view of the resort from the poolside. Yellow umbrellas for shade. Coconut trees all around. Oh, we also saw a huge iguana below the wooden deck. That was exciting :p

We managed to get a late check out at 2pm and so we had about an hour at the factory outlet which was next to the ferry terminal. It was very warm inside the outlet as they used fans for ventilation. I saw clothes from Fox, Abercombie, Banana Republic, Guess, Victoria's Secrets, Old Navy, Express and other brands. Surprisingly I didn't buy anything at all. Lol. Being a good girl :) But tops were going for about S$5 to S$10 and dresses from S$15 or so. Pretty cheap. I was really surprised to see Fox.
Do not buy ice cream from the ferry terminal. It was about $6 for a small cup of Haagen-Dazs ice cream. On board the ferry, Walls' cornetto was about $2 or so. Much more reasonable. To me, ice cream should be just $2-$4 as it is a fun holiday snack treat.
The end of my short getaway. It was so relaxing that now I still slept early and woke up around 7am.

No comments: