Saturday, November 01, 2008

Idyllic Singapore River

I was at Boat Quay on a Sunday afternoon and this picture greeted me. Who could have thought you could actually find slices of peace in busy bustling Singapore. The flock of pigeons in front of the guy so reminded me of scenes of New York City or in Canada. It is a common sight in Toronto or even in Australia where birds just fluttered around, pecking and looking for food. I wonder if that guy is feeding the birds.

And this - people setting up easel stands and painting the landscape and buildings. How European is that?
If you click on the pic, you can see the guy's painting and it looked pretty good :) The 2 ladies do not seeemd to be local? But it is nice. I always like to go to the CBD area on weekend afternoons as it is usually quieter and you can appreciate the quiet beauty of our city.

No comments: