Thursday, November 13, 2008

Last Day at Turi Beach

I didn't sleep much and woke up several times before deciding to just get up around 7ish am (SG time). After browsing magazine for a while, I decided to go take a walk before waking up the others. View of the Riani wing from the Island Bar walkway. I thought I took pics of the facade of our rooms but somehow they were not in the camera.
View of the Tirta wing with the newer buildings and rooms. J & I decided we should stay at the Tirta wing should we ever go back to Turi again. Elevator rocks!

See the mangrove? The roots showing. These trees are all around the island.


We finally had our massage which was inclusive in the room rate and it was good though service could be better. We were not even served any drinks after our treatment. Also as the hotel was quite full, the only time available for our massage was at 1pm. Good thing we managed to get a late check out.
J & I while waiting for the ferry to depart. Black and white sunnies made the picture. I am so tanned!
Hello world! The ferry was not very nice at all. Good thing it was a short journey. I spent the entire trip leaning over and feeling the wind blowing which was cooling. But the journey back was better than going over. It was like a senior citizens convention with aunties and uncles smoking non-stop (even though there were signs indicating no smoking) and spitting on the floor. Ewww!

One part of Batam from the ferry. Mangroves again. Totally undecided if I do want to go back to Batam. While cheaper than Bintan, it was definitely not a very nice ferry experience.

No comments: