Saturday, November 15, 2008

Shokudo @ Bugis Junction

We had a movie and dinner thing as part of team bonding for the office and so we decided to try the food from Shokudo. It seemed like there are so many such Japanese-Western fusioned restaurants now.
Fried mushrooms as a snack for us. It was not too bad, not too oily and crispy. Not fantastic though.

One colleague ordered the rice wrapped in egg with pork cutlet and curry sauce. It was not too bad. Curry was good :)

Another colleague ordered the same thing except the curry is beef. The beef was tough so it was not as nice.

Another dish to share - rosti with egg and curry sauce. I quite liked this. The rosti was done pretty decently and I think the curry just made a difference.


Dessert for one colleague who was too full to have a main (we had early dinner at 5pm or so) - she said the red bean mochi dessert was good. I didn't try it.


Pizze with eel and mushrooms to share. This was good too. Crispy crust - I loved thin crust pizza.
My order of scallops pasta which was not too bad. At least the scallops were not tiny and quite generous too. Didn't take pic of another colleague's pasta which looked similar - some seafood pasta.

I am not sure if I like Japanese-Western fusion food at all. It is interesting but somehow I prefer the traditional Japanese fare like sashimi, ramen, teppanyaki.....I would say leave it to the Italians to make the pizza and pasta.

No comments: