Friday, November 14, 2008

Tom's Palette Ice Cream

Tom's Palette over at Shaw Tower serves a pretty decent selection of ice cream. They are home made, with no preservatives (I think) and fresh ingredients.

There are so many flavors which you can hardly get elsewhere. They will always recommend that you try the flavors first before making your selection as the taste could be different from the usual run of the mill ice creams.

After trying quite a number of flavors, I still love chocolate (strong taste of pure chocolate, giving a rich, not so sweet yet not too bitter chocolatey flavor) and Granny's favorite (reminded me of horlicks because of the malt, it has bits of chocolate I think and so it has a slight salty sweet taste) which are the flavors I always order.

I got the above - Chocolate and Granny's Favorite - in the smallest size and it costs only $2.50. Very reasonable priced and you get to mix the flavors too.

Another hot favorite is the salty caramel cheesecake which I tried and am not a big fan of. The rum & raisin has a strong taste of rum, likewise for the chocoholic stout. The newest flavor is rose and lychee which is pretty nice.

There are also apple pie, lavender something, and the berries flavors. I don't remember them all now as some flavors change all the time. So I always get to try new flavors but still go back to my chocolate and granny's favorite :)

The service was excellent too. They are patience and cheerful all the time.

No comments: