Friday, January 23, 2009

Asia Grand - Office pre-CNY Lunch (Part 1)

We went for a company's lunch in celebration of Chinese New Year on Wednesday. After tossing a few ideas, we settled on Asia Grand Restaurant at Odeon Towers. Being a CNY do, we ordered Yu-Sheng. I think many people will need all the luck and prosperity they can get, especially in this economic climate. I always do like the plate and table setting over at Asia Grand. There is a certain sense of elegance in a Chinese restaurant, not like the usual Chinese restaurants where appearance did not really matter. To me, somehow it is the little details which made the meal all the more enjoyable.
The Yu-Sheng. I was busy snapping away while the waitress was busy putting the various plates and condiments.

Finally, all done, with the oil, pepper, salmon, lime, honey, crackers all on the table. I like the little gadget to squeeze the lime. More hygenic and less messy. Everything was removed from the plate with the use of chopsticks by the waitress so she did not touch anything with her bare hands.

All ready to be tossed for good luck and blessings and wealth and health and whatever else.

Hmmmm....not everyone was tossing the yu-sheng. Mix and mix till everything was very well coated with the various condiments.

My portion on my plate. Actually I find that I am not such a big fan of yu-sheng after all. A little goes a long way.
Part 2 will be on the dim sum and dishes we had. Lots of food.

No comments: