Monday, January 26, 2009

Happy Ox Year with Fairmont Pineapple Tarts

Happy Chinese New Year! It is the year of the Ox. A new beginning to end a tumultuous Rat year (even though analysts have commented the Ox year is typically recession period too but at least the end is in sight).
I redeemed the Fairmont pineapple tarts via DBS credit card points. Finally I got something which was timely and useful :) I was pleasantly surprised by the packaging, especially the glass bottle which I could re-use again to store other things.

The buttery scent of the pastry wafted out immediately when I opened the bottle. The aroma was enticing and it smelled like freshly baked goodies - totally unexpected. The pastry part was soft, not too crumbly and the pineapple filling was sour-sweet. That was good for those who prefer a bit of tartness and not total sweetness.

No comments: