Monday, January 19, 2009

Modesto's @ Orchard Parade Hotel

After swimming in the icy cold mineral pool over at Pan Pacific Orchard, we were feeling a bit hungry even though it was only 4pm or so. Then again, JK only had a bagel earlier in the morning, and I had chicken noodles from Es Teler (will not go back again unless there is no other option but that is another topic), so this would be our 2nd meal of the day.

At this strange timing of a tea or dinner time, we decided to have something light. We were not in the mood for pasta and I wanted thin-crust pizza (I still want to try the white pizza from Ristorante De Parma) so we ordered a regular pizza and appetizer to share.
The Antipasto Italiano which had pretty much everything - bruschetta, caprese, grilled button mushrooms, rock melon with parma ham, grilled vegetables and fresh greens.

I was never a big fan of parma ham as I found it too salty and porky but this was not too bad and the melon was very sweet. So it was good. The bruschetta was always good at Modesto's and the button mushrooms were juicy and sweet. Very nice!
We chose the pizza con ricotta e spinaci as I really didn't want any meat on the pizza. Somehow with thin crust pizza, I liked it to be very simple and light. Either to be just cheeses or with simple veggies. I usually had the Al Quattro Formaggi (4 cheeses - scamorza, mozzarella, gorgonzola and parmesan) which was pretty good.

The ricotta e spinaci pizza was nice too though JK felt it was a bit plain because of the ricotta. To counteract that, she added the grilled capsicums and olives to the middle part and that gave a bit of flavor. But the crust was so nice - light and cripsy, like eating crackers or bread.

I tend to order the pasta from Modesto's but with the pizza, I have re-discover a fave place for pizza.

1 comment:

Villa di Parma said...

Appreciate the little mention ; )

Happy to note your wanting of trying our Pizza Bianca.

See you soon!

Cheers
Ping