Monday, January 05, 2009

Souperlicious @ Suntec


There is a new soup kitchen in town and its concept is so similar to The Soup Spoon that I wonder if it is run by an ex-employee or what. Souperlicious is at Suntec City where Carrefour is.

The variety of soups served is more or less the same and with the same deal. Add half a sandwich or salad with drink to make it a combo. Reward card where every $5 spent will earn a stamp (I didn't get a card!).

Anyway, I decided on the Golden Pumpkin soup as my friend said the mushroom was not that good. The pumpkin soup was creamy and sweet. It was quite rich too...not too bad. I have a feeling the soups served are from a supplier where they just need to heat them up. It is quite like any other places that serve pumpkin soup.

I added half a cheezey tuna melt sandwich which came with tortilla chips. Give me potato chips instead! The tuna melt was on the tart side, not sure what was in there to make it sour. I barely tasted the cheese which looked to be those chez-whiz thing. Definitely not good for you.

The beverage in the set was either ice lemon tea or ice peach tea from Seasons. And I dislike that thoroughly. I much prefer fresh-brewed tea.

I doubt I will go back there again to try other soups. It was quite pricey too and GST was not included so the bill will be higher than on the board. This meal costs $10.15 and I do not think it is worth it at all. I rather top up a little more and go to Cedele for its soup and sandwich and drink set.

No comments: