Sunday, January 04, 2009

Christmas Presents 2008

As one gets older, the number of presents received for Christmas also decreased. But I also realize that as one gets older, presents are a "nice to have" but not a "must-have". Seriously, most people can buy their own things after they start working.

Still it is nice to receive presents as there is a thrill in ripping open the wrapping paper and see what is underneath :p But the company of the people is still much better than getting presents (unless of course there is a BV bag or something :p)

I finally got the Hermes perfume. Hehehe. And the SATC movie dvd. TBS water lily shower gel and lotion set, mirror keychain. Mirror and chocolates. And my own Christmas gift for myself - BV mini wallet. After lemming after it for so long, I finally took the plunge and bought it. So yes, I do not need to hunt for anymore travel or small wallet. (Anyone want to buy my blue Tod's small wallet? Used once)

It is the FW 2008 collection - iridescent eclipse. I was actually eyeing iridescent ash but it was sold out by the time I wanted to buy. It is hard to capture the color. But it is like brick red, a bit brown.

This is with flash. Really tiny wallet with just 2 credit card slot and 1 bill fold and coin compartment. It is compact enough to put into my jeans pocket which made it perfect for traveling. I still prefer my continental wallet size for everyday use.

4 comments:

stardust979 said...

Happy New Year! That's a really pretty wallet. I bought one when I went to Tokyo this year :) It's nice to reward oneself after a year's hard work. BV is very popular in Japan. Didn't buy anything during the sale when I came back though :)

carolyn said...

Thank you :) Another BV lover, yay! The constant Taka 10% off promotion is really bad for my bank account. Hahahaha. Would love to see which wallet you bought :)

stardust979 said...

Ohh oops I meant that I bought a wallet, not BV :) I bought a wallet from this brand that is made in Yokohama and I liked the finishing. But your wallet looks really nice. I saw a nice blue one Tokyo (light blue, slightly longer with a zip). Heh, I dun think I can afford BV :D

carolyn said...

My mistake too :p I'm sure the wallet you bought is very nice too :)