Thursday, January 15, 2009

Empire Cafe Dinner

I have been frequenting Empire Cafe at Raffles Hotel ever since I got the FAR card, which is really useful. We decided to head there for dinner last week. LW ordered the grilled sambal stingray which came with white rice and achar, plus the chincalok and chili. It was pretty good.

MN ordered the Hainanese pork chops which was served with white rice. The pork chops were tender and not too porky, and reminded me of sweet and sour pork.


I ordered the bak kut teh which was slightly herbal. I loved the sweetness which came from the wolfberries in the soup. There were 3 pieces of pork ribs which were quite meaty and not too dry or tough.


I would want to try other dishes next time. The durian chendol was a bit of a disappointment as the durian paste was a just a frozen slab so it was not that fantastic.

No comments: