Friday, January 02, 2009

Botak Jones @ Orchard Youth Park

After hearing and reading so much about Botak Jones, I finally got to try it properly at one of its outlets as it is in town. The mini burger I had at the Manic Street Preachers concert did not count even though it tasted divine. Chicken Gumbo is on the menu! I love chicken gumbo and cajun cuisine. We shared this even though it was quite a tiny bowl.
It was not too bad. It was full of goodies - turkey sausage, cajun spices, chicken chunks and rice and bits of veggies in a clear spicy broth.

I decided to go with the regular burger set. As the mini burger was a decent size, I had imagined the regular size burger would be on a bigger bun. Lol. It turned out to be the same sized bun, only a thicker beef patty. I think the mini burger would suit me perfectly fine in future. You got to choose 2 sides - I selected cheese potatoes and coleslaw. They were yummy, especially the coleslaw. Crispy, tangy and refreshing.

Close up of the beef patty. I added extra cheese and sauteed shiitake mushrooms. The mushrooms were nice but very little of them. So I would save the $2 and forgo the mushrooms next time.

The patty was full of beefy goodness and tender. The bun was not toasted as well as at the concert. Maybe there was not much butter to give the bit of oomph too.

A fantastic meal at very affordable prices. I rather dine at Botak Jones for burgers than at Wild Rocket, Billy Bombers, P.S Cafe, Marmalade Pantry, Hard Rock or any other burger joints.

No comments: