Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pandoro

Pandoro, another Italian sweet bread traditionally served during the Christmas/New Year period. It is similar to Panettone except it is plain inside. I decided to buy the mini version to try.
Cute. I think it is meant for kids since it came with a small puzzle to do.

The pandora is served with a dusting of the icing sugar meant to represent the snowy peaks of mountains, and it typically will have 8 points like a star.


Another new found drink - chocolate liquer. Made with gianduia (about 50% hazelnut like nutella), this is simply divine. Pour it over cakes, coffee, ice cream. I like this so much better than Baileys or Kahlua now :p

So I poured some of the chocolate liquer into my coffee and voila. A simple coffee break with the pandoro and alcohol infused coffee.

No comments: