Saturday, January 24, 2009

Asia Grand - Office pre-CNY lunch (part 2)

We ordered so much food, and then my camera battery died. So didn't take some other dishes. Dim Sum - veggie dumplings for our vegetarian colleague.
Some lobster puffs or something with the deep fried vermicelli and lobster meat inside. Quite nice, not too greasy and it was crispy.

I love this! Custard bun.

It was still warm so the bun was soft with the crispy top. The custard inside was also warm and gooey almost flowing out when bitten. Utterly delicious! I liked this so much better than the one at Shang Palace.

Carrot cake...mmmm...you cannot go wrong with this too. Soft and chewy on the inside but crispy at the edges.

BBQ pork rice rolls. This was not too bad too. The rice roll was soft and not dried up at all, but the bbq meat inside was a bit too porky for my liking.

The dishes proper now - shark fin soup. There were whole tiny pieces of the fin and the soup was not too starchy.

Steamed fish. I am still trying to figure out what this fish is. They called it "La-Ping". It is rich in omega-3 as it has the same fatty taste of salmon and cod. Very nice.

This was the only thing that marred the entire experience. A colleague found a strand of hair in the dish. So we told the restaurant manager who replaced it with another veggie dish. I didn't eat it as the hair quite turned us off.

This was the replacement dish that we chose. 3-eggs veggie. I think this was spinach or something. I loved the salted egg yolk.

I didn't take pictures of the chicken dish and the ee-fu noodles and the red bean soup with sesame dumplings dessert.

Another dessert - nian gao slices with crushed nuts. I didn't like this at all. Somehow the nian gao was not very sweet? Quite tasteless to me.

No comments: