Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hokkaido fair @ Isetan Supermarket

I love those special fairs at Isetan Scotts' supermarket where they bring in various Jaapnese produce and products.

The other day I bought a pack of crackers with pistachios and they were so so so delicious! Slightly sweet milk crackers with nutty pistachios. Yum. Too bad it was quite expensive. $10.80 for a pack of 6. So one packet was good enough for me though I was tempted to buy another one over the weekend. Maybe next time when the fair is back.

Anyway, so we were feeling peckish and decided to buy some sushi/sashimi and eat outside as it was already past 9pm. I bought the rice set from the fair as I was tempted by the uni (sea urchin). I didn't particularly like the uni, I seriously think uni is such a hit and miss affair. You cannot be sure to like it all the time. I let JK and NN try and they didn't like it either.

Otherwise the box was not too bad. I liked the salmon roe and crabmeat (didn't think it was lobster).

No comments: