Monday, January 02, 2006

Cafe Iguana - 30 December 2005

Nicole, Geri and I went to Cafe Iguana to celebrate the end of the last workday of 2005. It was a fun night, we didn't get drunk despite drinking 2 jugs of lime margarita on the rocks, as well as a shooter each. I had the Chocolate Orange (tequila, mars bar with orange liquor) while Nic and Geri had the Mars Bar shooter (without orange). It really hit the spot ~ you can feel the warmth within seconds and it was sweet too. Delicious!

We decided to share 2 appetizers. Small nachos (thank God it is small, as the last time Dave ordered the large and it was huge) and my fave - quesadilla with cheese and chicken.

Nachos & quesadilla

Chicken burrito topped with spicy pork stew

For mains, I ordered the shredded steak burrito topped with carne de puerco en chile verde (spicy pork stew), Nic had the same except hers was the chicken burrito and Geri ordered the chicken soft tacos. I usually have the fajitas, but ever since I tried the burrito with the stew, I like that. And I am usually not a pork eater. As expected, we couldn't finished our mains...just too full from the appetizers. Didn't take picture of the soft taco as we were too famished then, and I only remembered to take pictures at the end. My steak burrito looked too messy to grace this page as I was just digging out the meat :p

I love Cafe Iguana, the food is always good. Not too keen on their dessert though. Reservations are needed as it is always full house, even on weeknights.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! this gonna be interesting! Carol always knows where to for
good food and drinks!!

carolyn said...

Haha. So next time you know where to go :p

Nic, my nick/short form for my name is "Caro". No "L" at the end. I'm anal about that, hehe.