Sunday, January 08, 2006

Pasta with Salmon & Mushrooms

Ok, I have no idea what I just made for dinner. I saw a salmon steak (supposed to be for my lunch, but I had something else instead) defrosting nicely in the fridge, and decided to do something with it. Broil it? Pan fry it? Bake it in oven? Looking thru what I have, I decided to marinade it with some Italian herbs, cracked black pepper and lemon juice.

I browsed through the fridge and came across a small tub of cooked pasta, and was thinking if I should just make pasta with salmon. Rummaging thru the pantry closet, I spied a bottle of Spinach, Asparagus Ricotta sauce from Marks & Spencer and it is going to expire soon. So that settled it. Pasta in the ricotta sauce, topped with salmon and mushrooms.

Marinated salmon; sliced mushroom and onions waiting to be saute

Pan-fried salmon

sauteed mushrooms and onions

Pasta in ricotta sauce with salmon and mushrooms

No comments: