Thursday, January 12, 2006

Melty Kisses

My MSN nickname has been garnering lots of queries and silly lame remarks (usually from guys) as I have it as "carolyn loves melty kisses"


One asked isn't it smelly kisses? Another asked if I have a bf now? Yet another mentioned from which guy? Tsk tsk. So here begins the education on melty kisses.

I first discovered Melty Kisses on 23 Dec 2005 when a gf gave me a piece during the girls christmas gathering. It is from Meiji (Japanese confectionery brand), and is only available during the Christmas period.

The Melty Kiss is a creamy dark chocolate with just a slightest hint of bitter aftertaste, and coated with cocoa dust. It is heavenly, the description on the inside of the box said "gently melts in your mouth like a snowflake" I would not really describe it to that having tasted snowflakes before. Hehe, but it sure is pure bliss, to savor the smoothness of the truffle, plus I like it that it is not too sweet.

Some compared it to Royce truffles. Another premium chocolate from Japan. I love Royce VSOP chocolate and orange chocolate truffle. It is absolutely yummy, even better than Godiva I feel. Royce has a slightly richer taste and feel, compared to Melty Kisses, but Meiji version is a right affordable substitute.


2 comments:

celest said...

they're yummy - melty kisses! first got to try the green tea flavour when a colleague went on a holiday to japan last year. he was so poor after the trip, he could only give each of us ONE precious piece (wrapped in green shiny packaging). it was love-at-first-taste.. yumm! i've since tried the green tea + strawberry + dark chocolate ones, still love the green tea most. "infected" my other gf with this melty kiss craze... and we went searching for it this evening, but didn't find it at watsons. looks like gotta search taka or isetan supermarket next time :)

carolyn said...

I think I actually saw the various flavors when I was at Watsons Marina Square in early Dec or late Nov. But as I was working, doing my shop visits with my colleague, I didn't stay too long to really check out the boxes. Darn! I shall definitely look out for that again. Hehe.