Friday, January 27, 2006

Cafe Iguana again, and again and again!

I can't believe I went to Cafe Iguana 3 times this week! That shows how much I really like the food there, or is it the tequila calling me back? Hahaha.

I went there on 23, 25 and 26 Jan (Mon, Wed and Thurs) with my (ex) colleagues. I tried something new on those visits, so it was good.

New things I tried were the Camarones al Diablo, Queso Fundido, Carne de Puerco en Chile Verde and Mini Chimichangas. All appetizers. Also sampled the mint chocolate shooter and pink guava frozen margarita. Yummy!

Camarones al Diablo - Prawns sauteed with fiery habanero chile, capsicum, ginger, cumin and lime, served with cheese quesadillas.
This is really good. The prawns are huge and juicy and fresh. The quesadillas are lovely, as usual. The sauce was not as spicy as it sounded from the description.

Queso Fundido - Spicy cheese dip served with corn chips.
Absolutely delicious. Warm toasted chips just hit the spot, and the dip is so creamy and went down smoothly. A new fave.

Carne de Puerco en Chile Verde - Spicy pork stew served with flour tortillas, sour cream and rice.
I like this too. I don't really take pork because of the smell/taste of it, but this does not have any of that at all. I even had the rice, and I try not to take too much rice usually. The pork pieces just melt in your mouth, and the rice is so flavorful you can't help but gobble it down.

Mini Chimichangas - Fried flour tortillas filled with cheese and chicken
I don't really like this, maybe because it is deep fried. It just felt oily or maybe we had too much tortillas by then we didn't really like this.

We also ordered the Sopaipilla (fried pastry served with house made ice cream and honey topping). This is the 2nd time I had this, it is not bad, but nothing to really rave about. It reminded me of A&W waffle with ice cream :) A huge round flat pastry with a scoop of vanilla ice cream in the centre and drizzled with honey and cinnamon topping.

Cafe Iguana is definitely one of my favorite restaurants

No comments: