Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Banana Leaf Apolo @ Race Course Road





I like fish head curry especially when the gravy is those sour type. Yum. A friend of Enrico (Salvatore) was in town recently and it so happened that Jennifer was msging me about something else and asked me along to join them for lunch last weekend.

It was good catching up again, meeting Jennifer and Grace and their hbs and Jennifer's friend Denise. Can't remember if I met Denise before, and if I did, it must have been eons ago, way back in 2001 or 2002.

We had lunch at Banana Leaf as apparently they told Salvatore that he had to try fish eye. Lol. And they got him to try the Hashima (which apparently is the gooey part which holds the frogs' eggs together, but is very good for skin) the previous night.

So it was fish head curry being the highlight. We ordered a feast - fish curry, fried fish roe, chicken tikka, chicken masala, black sotong, fish cutlet and the 2 side dishes of veggies and briyani rice and garlic/plain naans. All that shared among 7 of us, and we still could not finish them.

I like the fish head curry as it was both tangy and spicy. The black sotong is nice too. The chicken tikka is a bit too salty and on the dry side. The chicken masala is good with the right amount of spices. I tried the fish roe....errr....it is interesting. If you don't think about what it is, it is crispy. I think I am still a fan of North Indian food rather than South Indian. Give me naan and butter chicken anytime!

Location:
Address: 54-58 Race Course Rd, near Little India MRT
Phone: 6293-8682

No comments: