Saturday, April 07, 2007

Exotic/Sensual Dance - Look No Further

I dance, more specifically I bellydance. Besides that I have also learnt other forms of dance like hip-hop, jazz and adult ballet. I have tried salsa and somehow my knees refused to co-operate, so I could fake it if I have a great dance partner, but I don't really know the actual salsa besides some basic steps. I think I have also tried waltz, rhumba and cha-cha before, but those are so long ago and so basic I could barely remember. So anyway, I have decided to stick to bellydance as it suits my pace/body better :p Bruises on knees when doing floor-work for hip-hop is not fun at all.

I took up a course on sensual dance (similar to exotic dance) as I was curious to see what it entails. As the instructor also bellydances, the core was similar to what I know. The other difference was the adding on of lap-dancing, dancing with chairs/benches, against the wall/mirror, writhing on the floor as well as doing a strip-tease dance. Very ooomph!

Certain songs are sensual by nature with beats which are perfect for figure-8s, body waves and just making your bodies look like jello, soft and pliable and flexible.

Had nothing better to do, and so I was looking at YouTube and watching the mtvs of songs.

Pussycat Dolls - Buttons


A perfect example of exotic dance with its chair/lap dancing and bits of crawling on the floor. Reminded me of the dance class :p

Addictive feat. Rakim - Truth Hurts


Another bellydance favorite song for performing.

Sting feat Cheb Mami - Desert Rose


Fantastic bellydance song too :)

No comments: